Yachts

First time chartering a superyacht — where do I start?

F
FirstTimeSailor
·31 May

My wife and I are seriously considering a Mediterranean charter this August. We have no prior experience — what should we know, who should we speak to, and what are the real costs vs. the headline numbers? Would love to hear from those who've done it.

395 views16 replies9 participants

Discussion (5)

EC
Emma Clarke1d ago

Beautifully written and thoroughly reported. This is why I subscribe to the print edition as well.

SC
Sebastian Cole1d ago

I've been a loyal reader for years and this is one of the best articles I've seen published here.

HF
Harriet Flynn1d ago

The interviews quoted throughout really bring this to life. Excellent editorial decision.

SL
Sophie Langton1d ago

Fantastic article! I've been following this story closely and this is the most comprehensive coverage I've seen anywhere.

HA
Henry Ashworth1d ago

Refreshing to see long-form quality journalism like this still thriving. Keep it up!

About this Discussion

Category
Yachts
Started
31/05/2026
Replies
16
Views
395