Watches

Rolex or Patek Philippe as a first serious watch investment?

T
TimeInvestor
·31 May

I know both have fierce advocates. Looking at this purely from an investment + daily wear perspective. The Rolex market is more liquid, but Patek has the prestige. For a budget around £15–20k, what would the community recommend and why?

742 views47 replies28 participants

Discussion (5)

WF
William Foster1d ago

The detail and nuance here is exceptional. You can tell real care went into this piece.

PA
Penelope A.1d ago

This confirmed exactly what I suspected. Great to see it laid out so clearly and accessibly.

DR
Dominic Rhodes1d ago

Couldn't stop reading. Found myself going back to the beginning again. Outstanding.

OP
Oliver P.1d ago

As someone who lives in the area, I can confirm everything here is spot on. Great journalism.

GT
Georgina T.1d ago

I read this over my morning coffee and it absolutely made my day. Thank you.

About this Discussion

Category
Watches
Started
31/05/2026
Replies
47
Views
742